Friday, August 24, 2007

The Griswalds go to China and God Bless Kate Clark & FedEx

So I thought I had married out of the Guess-Griswald connection, but apparently not. Little background: Trips/vacations in the Guess family usually involved all varieties of setbacks including speeding tickets, driver throwing up in a coffee cup in downtown Atlanta traffic (thanks, Laura), torrential rain while hovering in a tent, broken toe at Disneyworld, almost dying grandmother causing lateness to Sugar Bowl (priorities, people), bathing suit bottoms stolen from hotel balcony, etc.

Let's just say Jason and I have spent a little more time in Newark, NJ than we expected. This will be funny one day, but not right now. Anyway, Newark is an armpit. If you're from here, I'm extremely sorry, and I can't believe you made it out alive. Everything looks like an old Bruce Springsteen video. And I took a $30 cabride to Walgreens that was probably 2 1/2-3 miles away. Seriously?

I guess you're waiting for the story on WHY we spent extra time in Newark? Let's just say we forgot something very important, and had to enlist the stork, Kate Clark, and FedEx to get it to us. THIS is when you thank God for your friends....and rapid international shipping.

Okay, more later! Bye!!

No comments: